اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
So, tuna pasta bake is a comfort food that is pretty much loved by everyone. I love all things pasta as do most of my family (with the exception of my little sister who only eats curries). My little sister has to everything spiced up, so I always have to adjust my recipes for her. I will be honest with you I do prefer to make my one pot chicken pasta recipe when I am in a rush or I am tired, but that is only because that only requires one pot, and I don’t need to wash up anything. This tuna pasta bake requires a pan to cook the pasta, then another pan to make the actual filling and then the oven dish. Although if you have an oven-proof pan that you can use on the stove then that works for you, but I don’t so…
This recipe does make a very large portion as I have a big family, so I always have to double my recipes that I have on the site. However, with this recipe I didn’t bother. This tuna bake recipe managed to feed my whole family (there is eight of us in total) and we had a bit leftover as well which we ate the next day. To be honest you could just cook the pasta on the stove and not bother to cook it in the oven. It’s up to you really.
This is the perfect tomato tuna pasta bake recipe for a quick and delicious dinner.
Tomato Tuna Pasta Bake
The perfect tuna pasta tomato recipe for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner. A cheesy pasta bake with creamy tomato sauce and canned tuna and sweetcorn. Not only is this a healthy tuna pasta bake, but everyone is sure to love it. Tuna pasta bake is the perfect dinner meal that everyone at the table is guaranteed to love. This luxurious meal can be prepared on those busy weeknights and is a classic meal that everyone adores. This tuna pasta bake recipe is a whole meal in itself, with the addition of bell peppers for you daily intake of vegetables and the tuna to fulfil your protein needs. Use fresh tuna or canned tuna, regardless this meal is sure to please. A cheese pasta bake with cheese oozing though it and also topped with a generous portion of mozzarella. Serve alongside some healthy green salads to complete your meal!
- 500g Pasta Shells
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Onion/Pyaz (finely diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves/Lehsan (finely chopped)
- 2 Bell Pepper/Shimla Mirch (chopped)
- 800g Canned Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Purée
- 2 tsp Salt/Namak
- 2 tsp Black Pepper/Kali Mirch Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 150ml Double Cream
- 400g Canned Tuna (drained)
- Cheddar Cheese
- In a large pan boil the pasta until al dente
- Drain the pasta and set aside – rinse it with cold water to prevent the pasta from sticking together
- In a pan heat the vegetable oil on medium heat
- Add the finely diced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chopped bell pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add the salt, black pepper, dried oregano and dried basil
- Cook the spices for 4-6 minutes
- Add the double cream and tomato purée then cook for 5 minutes
- Add the drained tuna and cook for a further 3-4 minutes
- Add the al dente pasta and mix in before cooking for a further 5 minutes
- Transfer the whole mixture into an ovenproof dish
- Top with the grated cheddar cheese
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5 for 15-20 minutes
- Your tomato tuna pasta bake is ready!