اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Okay, so I am going to be honest with everyone here, I don’t like mint Aero chocolate. Neither my sister nor I are fans of the flavour combination that is mint and chocolate, but my brothers all love it. This chocolate cheesecake recipe I created was basically for them and they loved it. I had to make it twice during Ramadan alone and then again on Eid day!
For this no bake dessert I use chocolate digestives for the base. As I use chocolate digestives you don’t need as much butter as you usually would in a normal cheesecake biscuit, but you can adjust as you feel necessary. If you don’t want to use chocolate digestives you can replace them with plain digestives or any biscuit that you feel like really. It is all up to personal choice. However, if you choose to use plain biscuits you may want to add more butter.
As this recipe is based on the flavour of mint and chocolate, I used peppermint extract as the flavouring in this dessert, but you could just as easily replace it with vanilla extract if you don’t want the flavour to be too overpowering. To be honest no bake cheesecake recipes are always awesome because it is virtually impossible to mess them up. Some people like their cheesecake filling creamier and add more cream cheese. Some like their filling to have more double cream in it, and you can basically go wild with it. Speaking of cream cheese, I always use Philadelphia. I don’t know if it classes as cream cheese, but I have always used it and it has always worked for me so…
As this is meant to be a mint cheesecake, I do add green food colouring to give it that extra bit of wow factor, but you can omit, and it won’t affect the taste at all. I got gifted a Wilton food colouring set some time ago and the colours look amazing, and I only need a drop or two to get a vivid colour. The quantity that you use will depend on the food colouring that you use. Liquid food colouring usually requires you to use more as opposed to gel food colouring which you need less off. Just add enough to make it the colour you want basically!
In terms of decoration, you can decorate it however you want. I always like to use up all my ingredients so for this recipe what I did was I bought 2 x 90g mint Aero chocolate bars. I used 150g in the actual filling and then crushed the rest and scattered it on top. Obviously, you can mix it up and bit. Some people drizzle chocolate on top or some people even leave it plain.
With the whipped cream you could always use store-bought cream, but it is relatively simple to make your own whipped cream. Just DO NOT over whip it. I also found something out a few days. It turns out Elmlea is NOT actual cream. It is an alternative to double cream. I have always wondered why it tasted weird and it is always so much harder to whip up than other cream. It does work as a substitute of course, and the benefit of using Elmlea is that it does have a significantly longer shelf-life than real double cream, but I am going to stick to using double cream from now on.
This Aero cheesecake requires minimal effort, looks gorgeous and tastes delicious!
Mint Aero Chocolate Cheesecake
Who doesn’t love a no bake cheesecake recipe and this Aero mint chocolate cheesecake recipe is no different! This mint Aero chocolate cheesecake is made of a chocolate digestive base, a rich and creamy filling topped with crushed mint Aero and whipped cream. This Aero cheesecake recipe is the perfect no-bake dessert and sure to be a showstopper at any event. With a dash of peppermint extract and chunks of mint Aero chocolate this mint cheesecake recipe is so simple to make yet bursting with refreshing flavour.
- For Base:
- 300g Dark Chocolate Digestives
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- For Filling:
- 150g Mint Aero Chocolate
- 360g Cream Cheese
- 300ml Double Cream
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Green Food Colouring
- For decoration:
- 150ml Double Cream
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mint Aero Balls
- Mint Aero Chocolate (crushed)
- 1. In a food processor add the biscuits for the base and crush until fine crumbs form
- Add the melted butter and process until the crumbs are combined
- Add the crumbs into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan
- Use a spatula to press down and form an even base
- Leave to set in the fridge whilst the filling is being prepared
- In a separate bowl add the cream cheese, icing sugar and peppermint extract
- Whisk until combined
- Add the double cream and the green food colouring and whisk until thickened
- Fold in the chopped mint Aero chocolate until fully incorporated
- Add the mixture onto the set biscuit base
- Allow the cheesecake to set for at least 4-6 hours or preferably overnight
- In a small bowl, add the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract
- Whip until medium peaks form
- Transfer the whipped cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle
- Crush some mint Aero chocolate over the top of the set cheesecake
- Pipe around the cheesecake and top each star with a mint Aero
- Your mint Aero chocolate cheesecake is ready!