اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
I have been wanting to make lemon cupcakes for ages now. These lemon cupcakes are the perfect lemon dessert for spring and summer or any season really. Lemon buttercream frosting paired with a soft and moist cupcake tastes delicious with a warm cup of tea.
These cupcakes are quite strong in lemony flavour, especially as it has a lemon buttercream as well. You can replace the lemon buttercream with standard vanilla buttercream frosting if you think the lemon flavour is too overpowering. Depending on your personal preference you can adjust the flavouring as necessary.
In terms of the buttercream, you can use milk instead of double cream. It is up to you. Only add 1 tablespoon at a time because you don’t want the buttercream to become too runny. It is important that you whip the butter first and don’t just add everything together. Also, make sure you sift your icing sugar otherwise you will end up with a lumpy buttercream.
Try these lemon cupcakes with a zingy lemon buttercream frosting for the perfect spring dessert!
Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
These sweet homemade lemon cupcakes are soft and moist and bursting with natural lemon flavour. Topped with zingy lemon buttercream there is a burst of citrus flavour in each bite. This lemon dessert can be whipped up in a flurry and is great for someone’s birthday or even on those lazy Sunday afternoons. You are guaranteed to please any crowd with these lemon cake inspired cupcakes.
- For Lemon Cupcakes:
- 200g Plain Flour
- 175g Granulated Sugar
- 150g Butter
- 100ml Milk/Doodh (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs/Anday
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- For Lemon Buttercream Frosting:
- 100g Butter (softened)
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp Double Cream
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until combined
- Add the milk, lemon juice and eggs into the mix
- Whisk until incorporated
- Add the flour, lemon zest and baking powder into the mixture
- Whisk until all the ingredients are combined
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and divide the batter evenly between the cases
- Line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases
- Fill the mixture evenly amongst the cupcake cases
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3 for 25-30 minutes
- Leave to cool completely whilst the frosting is prepared
- In a bowl whip the butter until pale and fluffy
- Add the icing sugar and lemon juice and whisk until incorporated
- Add the double cream and whisk until smooth and creamy
- Your lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream frosting are ready!