اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
I have been meaning to upload this honey BBQ chicken wings recipe for ages, but I wanted to make a video first. I was actually so proud of this YouTube video. For once my lighting actually looked really good and it made the honey barbecue wings look delicious. These chicken wings were delicious. My brother’s favourite as well. Speaking of my brother it’s his 19th birthday next week and I have thinking about what to make for his birthday.
I always use chicken wings with skin as it helps give the honey BBQ wings a crispier exterior. However, you could also use chicken wings without skin as the flavour will still be there, just not as crispy. I will be entirely honest with you I don’t really marinate the chicken, as I have heard that marinades don’t always help. I do leave them to the side as I always make these honey BBQ chicken wings first and then set them aside as I prepare my other sides. It’s not long. Probably about 30 minutes to an hour. I have done it without marinating them as well, but I feel like people just like to marinate things anyway, so I added it in to my recipe just in case.
For the honey BBQ sauce, I try to always use the same brand of ingredients because different ones always taste differently, especially with the barbecue sauce. I always use the HP Classic BBQ sauce. I do not think the main retailers have it in stock anymore, but I usually bought it from B&M bargains. In terms of the honey, I have used multiple different brands, but it is generally the Tesco branded clear honey one that I use. The hot sauce I get it from my local Pakistani grocery store, and I have never seen it in the main retail stores, but you can probably get it from other Asian supermarkets because I usually do see it there. It is the Crystal branded original hot sauce. For the tomato ketchup I have always used Heinz.
These barbecue fried chicken wings are crispy on the inside and sweet and sticky on the outside.
Honey BBQ Wings
Honey BBQ chicken wings are the perfect appetisers to please everyone. These barbecue fried chicken wings are crispy on the inside and sweet and sticky on the outside. Covered in a sweet and tangy sauce these honey BBQ wings are made for sharing with their mild flavour that even the little ones can enjoy. This barbecue chicken wings recipe is so easy to make yet so flavoursome. Switch this recipe by replacing the chicken wings with chicken drumsticks. No matter how you choose to make it they are the perfect recipe for you!
- For Marinade:
- 500g Chicken Wings (with skin)
- 1 Egg/Anda
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder/Laal Mirch Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper/Kali Mirch Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder/Lehsan Powder
- ½ tsp Mixed Herbs
- For Second Marinade:
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 3 tbsp. Cornflour
- For Sauce:
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- In a bowl add the salt, chilli powder, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, mixed herbs and egg to the chicken wings
- Mix to combine then set aside to allow to marinate for 30 minutes
- Add the cornflour and plain flour
- Mix again and ensure that all the ingredients are fully coating the chicken wings
- Set aside to marinate for 1 hour
- In a deep fryer add the chicken wings
- Cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the deep fryer and set aside
- In a pan melt the butter on low heat
- Add the barbecue sauce, honey, hot sauce and tomato ketchup
- Mix on low heat for 1-2 minutes until well combined
- Add the fried chicken wings and coat the sauce onto the wings evenly
- Your honey barbecue wings are ready!