اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Now when I say this eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe was made on the spot, I literally mean it. I had been craving choc chip cookies for weeks but for some reason or other, I had to postpone the plan. This morning I woke up adamant on making some chocolate cookies.
So, when the time came to bake and my mum was resting, I decided to make my easy chocolate cookies recipe. I went into the kitchen and went to get the ingredients. Then I realised that we had no eggs and no chocolate chips. I was so angry because I really wanted to make my chocolate chip cookies that I sent my brother to the shops.
He went and returned empty handed. Like there were no eggs in any store. That’s how you know the UK is in quarantine. The food stocks just seem to disappear. So, I had to improvise. The eggs were a big problem, but then vegans eat chocolate chip cookies so there must be an alternative. I decided to increase the amount of butter and added some baking soda to act as a leavening agent. The chocolate chips were easily replaced. I chopped up some dark chocolate and added that instead. I wasn’t entirely sure what I was doing if I am being entirely honest with you, but it worked. The eggless cookies were a success with the plate being finished immediately.
This is a soft chocolate chip cookie recipe made with chocolate chunks. The secret to soft cookies is to remove the cookies from the oven before you actually think they are done as the residual heat will cook them further. They are supposed to be a little bit doughy when you remove these buttery chocolate chip cookies from the oven but trust me it’s fine. Don’t be tempted to put them into the oven again. Just leave them to cool and it will be worth the wait.
These chocolate chunk cookies are the perfect snack alongside a cold glass of milk.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
The perfect eggless cookies recipe to make sure to give you chocolate chip cookies that are soft and chewy. This eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe is perfect when you have no eggs or if you avoid them. Make these choc chip cookies on the day or freeze the dough for a sneaky snack later. No matter what you will not be disappointed.
- 100g Butter (melted)
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 50g Granulated Sugar
- 130g Plain Flour
- 3 tbsp. Milk
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- 100g Chocolate Chunks
- In a bowl add the brown sugar and granulated sugar to the melted butter
- Whisk until all the sugar dissolves
- Sift the plain flour with the baking soda and mix until there is no trace of flour seen
- Add the milk and combine until the dough comes together
- Using a wooden spoon fold in the chocolate chunks into the mixture
- Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 for 10-15 minutes until the edges are golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least half an hour
- Your eggless chocolate chunk cookies are ready!