اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
These are my new favourite chicken wings recipe because they are so simple to make, and they are HEALTHY. These oven-baked wings are delicious, and you can pair them with any sauce that you like. They may take a bit of time to cook, but the preparation time is next to nothing as there is no need to marinate the wings at all. All you do is throw the ingredients onto the wings and chuck them in the oven.
The secret ingredient in these crispy chicken wings is baking powder. You are probably thinking what on earth random ingredient is that but trust me it works, and they taste delicious. You don’t need anything else! Whilst the wings are cooking you can make your favourite sauce, but even if you can’t be bothered to, they still taste delicious. I LOVE these wings and they are a weekly occurrence on the dinner menu.
You can season these wings however you want to. I choose to use a basic seasoning, but you can spice it up with some chilli powder or turmeric powder. You can do so many things with these wings, but the one ingredient you can’t miss out is the baking powder (and the salt because you need salt for everything). These wings are literally so easy to make that my 11-year-old sister can make them and she struggles to make toast!
Serve these crispy wings with a side of baked French fries and steamed vegetables for a healthy dinner meal!
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
These are the crispiest chicken wings baked in the oven. The skin is deliciously crisp with tender meat on the inside. This oven baked wings recipe has the most amazing seasoning with minimal ingredients that you are guaranteed to have in your pantry already. So simple, yet so tasty! Toss these in whatever sauce you desire from honey barbeque sauce to buffalo sauce to even eating them on their own. However, you choose to try them these healthy chicken wings are perfect.
- 1kg Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- 1 tsp Black Pepper/Kali Mirch Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder/Lehsan Powder
- 1 Onion Granules
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Dry the wings as much as possible
- Add the baking powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion granules and paprika to the chicken wings
- Toss until the wings are lightly coated
- Place on a wire rack on a tray and cook at the bottom of a preheated oven at 140°C/285°F/gas mark 1 for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and flip over
- Increase oven temperature to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7 cook in the middle of the oven for a further 40 minutes
- Your oven-baked chicken wings are ready!