اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
So, I think pasta is pretty much a universal favourite and much loved by pretty much everyone. Although with that being said my little sister doesn’t really like pasta, but she doesn’t really much food. She is on a strict diet of not eating anything for some reason…Everyone else in my family LOVES pasta, especially my brothers. The good thing about pasta is that even my mum and dad like it, so I don’t have to make separate food.
This pasta bake does have multiple parts to it, but it is definitely worth the wait. You could use a store-bought béchamel sauce if you like to make things easier, but it isn’t actually that hard to make yourself and the ingredients are very basic. The only reason I have started to make my white sauce from scratch is that I recently found out that Dolmio white sauce is not halal. I was REALLY annoyed at that because I had JUST bought like three cans of it and I had to throw them out. I haven’t bothered to search for another brand of white sauce that is halal as I have kind of got accustomed to making it home myself.
I personally only use bell peppers in this pasta bake, but you could use whatever vegetables you like. Use whatever you have on hand. I love the combination of chicken and bell peppers as you can probably tell as A LOT of my recipes often involve this match. Bell peppers are awesome. One of the BEST vegetables out there. You can also adjust the seasoning as you like it. I use penne pasta for this recipe, but you can use any. The ONLY reason I use penne pasta is to make it look different to my other pasta recipes. I am very weird like that. I like to make things different to make it seem like I know how to make a variety of things.
This creamy chicken pasta bake is the best comfort food for your weeknight dinners.
Tomato Tuna Pasta Bake
Enjoy this cheesy chicken pasta bake for the ultimate weekday family dinner. This is guaranteed to become a family favourite. This pasta with chicken recipe is a delicious baked pasta that will satisfy your entire family. This pasta bake is comfort food at its finest. It is filled with chunks of chicken, penne pasta, chopped tomatoes all wrapped up in a creamy cheese sauce. Make this ahead of time and pop in the oven before dinner. Customise this dish by adding any variety of vegetables of your personal preference then serve straight from the dish with a dressed green salad for the perfect healthy dinner!
- For Pasta
- 500g Penne Pasta
- 2.5L Water
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- For Chicken Mixture
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Onions/Pyaz (finely diced)
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- 6 Garlic Cloves/Lehsan (chopped)
- 400g Canned Tomatoes
- 2 Bell Peppers/Shimla Mirch (finely diced)
- 800g Chicken
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper/Kali Mirch Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- For White Sauce
- 100g Butter
- 100 Plain Flour
- 1L Hot Milk/Doodh
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- ½ tsp Black Pepper/Kali Mirch Powder
- For Layers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Bring the water to a boil
- Add the penne pasta and salt
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente
- Whilst pasta is cooking in a pan heat up the vegetable oil
- Add the finely diced onions, chopped garlic cloves and salt
- Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened
- Add the finely diced bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the dried basil, paprika, black pepper, and dried oregano
- Cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes until the chicken changes colour
- Add the chicken mixture to the drained pasta and mix
- In a saucepan melt the butter on low heat
- Add the flour and cook on low hear for 2-3 minutes until thick paste forms
- Add the hot milk gradually whilst stirring continuously
- Whisk continuously on low heat for 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens
- Add the salt and black pepper and mix to combine
- In an ovenproof dish layer half the pasta then top with half of the white sauce and top with grated cheddar cheese
- Add the remaining pasta followed by the rest of the white sauce and the cheddar cheese and fresh mozzarella
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7 for 20 minutes
- Your chicken pasta bake is ready!