اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمن الرَّحِيْمِ
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaathu everyone!
Bhindi chicken is my all-time favourite curries. I know some people who hate okra because they think that it is slimy and tastes all weird, but I personally LOVE okra. I love chicken curries in general and when paired with okra, this curry tastes all the better. I know a lot of the curry recipes that I have on this blog seem to be variations and odd combinations of different things that you may not have seen off before, but these curries are the typical dishes that we have on a weekly basis in our household.
This chicken bhindi masala curry is relatively simple to make. It doesn’t really use much fancy ingredients and the spices are basic. You can omit the dried fenugreek leaves if you want to. Depending on personally preference you can cook the ladyfingers for less time if you want them to be less soft. I like all of my vegetables to be really soft, but I know some people (like my mum and dad) like to have basically raw vegetables in their curries!
This okra and chicken curry is a delicious curry paired with chapatti or homemade naan!
Okra And Chicken Curry/Bhindi Chicken
This bhindi chicken recipe is made with pieces of okra and boneless chicken cooked in a delicious onion tomato masala gravy. Okra, otherwise known as ladyfingers, is the perfect pair to complement with the juicy and succulent chicken pieces. Each bite is guaranteed to fill your mouth with the slight heat of warm spices and a burst of flavour. This chicken bhindi sabzi is best served as a main course alongside homemade naan, this bhindi chicken curry is delicious!
- 50ml Vegetable Oil
- 1kg Chicken
- 750g Okra/Bhindi
- 3 Onions/Pyaz (finely sliced)
- 4 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 6 Garlic Cloves/Lehsan (sliced)
- 1-inch Ginger/Adrak (crushed)
- 1 tsp Salt/Namak
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder/Laal Mirch Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder/Haldi
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves/Methi
- 2 Green Chillies/Hari Mirch
- Coriander/Dhaniyaa (finely chopped)
- In a pan heat up the vegetable oil
- Add the finely sliced onions and salt then cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until softened
- Add the sliced garlic cloves and crushed ginger then cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and add into the pan then cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken changes colour
- Add the chilli powder and turmeric powder then cook the spices for 3-4 minutes
- Add the finely sliced green chillies and dried fenugreek leaves then cook for 2-3 minutes
- Cut the okra into 1-2cm thick pieces and mix the okra into the masala
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes until the okra has softened
- Add the finely chopped coriander and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Your bhindi chicken curry is ready!